Workplace Safety and Health
Racional is regarded as a benchmark in Brazil in reducing workplace accidents and occupational diseases, and in protecting the work integrity and wellbeing of its employees and service providers.
Racional's Safety Engineering and Occupational Medicine Specialized Services (SESMT) team is made up by civil engineers and technicians specialized in Workplace Safety and by occupational physicians and nurses.
Activities undertaken by the SESMT team
- Development of programs anticipating hazards and risks in Racional's construction activities. Such programs include the PCMAT (Civil Construction Industry Labor Conditions and Environment Program) the PPRA (Environmental Risks Prevention Program) and the PCMSO Program (Medical Control Program for Occupational Health);
- Anticipation of risks from the execution of construction works through the preparation of an APR (Preliminary Risk Analysis);
- Establishment of preventive and protective measures to avoid hazardous situations;
- Guidance on the application of construction techniques to reduce as much as possible accident and disease risks;
- Specific and scheduled induction and job training;
- Health campaigns, health education and prevention lectures, vaccination programs, dental and health check-ups;
- Medical examinations i.e. pre-employment, regular check-ups, change of job duties, return-to-work evaluations, and post-employment physical exams.